nikkibooklover

Nikki from Co2BL

I love to read and I try to write witty and spunky reviews with my partner in crime ~ my other half of the '2' in Co2BL :) If I don't have my kindle or a book in my hands, it's most likely filled with my camera :)
Shine Not Burn - Elle Casey 1. I really need to find me a cowboy! ;) image
2. It's been a minute since I read a book that made me laugh so damn hard I was snorting, crying and running to the bathroom before I peed myself! image
3. I have a new favorite author to add to my "Nikki is stalking" list! image
4. This was the most awesomest book evah! image
5. The sex was hot image
6. The characters, all of them, were fabulous and well written. image
7. The story line was great and flowed very nicely; I never wanted to put it down, as made obvious by the fact I read it in less than 24 hours! image (pretend he's reading)
8. I have about a gazillion highlights on my kindle of awesome lines! Ok, maybe not that much... image
9. The h/h were a perfect balance to each other and even though they didn't know each other for a long period of time, their feelings for each other felt real and genuine and it never bothered me there was a hint of the 'love at first sight' aspect to the story. image
10. Did I mention the hot monkey sex with a hunky cowboy?! image

So there you have it folks, the Ten Things I Loved about Shine Not Burn! image

The spoiler contains quotes from the book, just trying to save space!

“I had zero fear of Mack being the wrong kind of guy to invite up to my room. He totally didn't come off as rapist material. Me, on the other hand, I wasn't so sure about.”

“I really liked this cowboy. Mack. But I didn't know a single thing about him other than the fact that he doesn't wear underwear and he's got a big cock-a-doodle doo that he definitely knows how to use. Yee haw.”

“... something about being here in this neon-glitzy place, my shoes off and my boobs pushed up to my neck made me feel bold. Daring. Ready to grab the world by the balls and make it beg for mercy. Rawr.”

“It was the best night of my life and not just because you kept calling me King Dong.”

“What are you looking at?” I asked…
“City slicker. What are you looking at?”
“A stupid wookie man-bear-pig who doesn’t know how to mind his own business.”
And my personal favorite,
“I, Gavin MacKenzie, sexy
cowboy man of Baker City, Oregon …
being of sound mind and hot body … do
hereby declare that I love you, Andie
Marks, lawyer extraordinaire, and want
to be married to you until I’m so old, I
either die or my pecker falls off.I will have sex
with you whenever you want, and I will
always give you the option to be on top
if that’s what will make you happy.
Blowjobs will always be optional but
appreciated.I will change diapers when called
for, both for our children and for you
when you’re old and decrepit. I will
never spit in public or burp too loudly or
say mean things about your friends.
I promise never to raise my hand
against you in anger or tell you that
you’re useless or threaten to hurt people
who you love. Ten-four, over and out,
happily ever after. Those are my vows.”