nikkibooklover

Nikki from Co2BL

I love to read and I try to write witty and spunky reviews with my partner in crime ~ my other half of the '2' in Co2BL :) If I don't have my kindle or a book in my hands, it's most likely filled with my camera :)
Saving Casey - Liza O'Connor Ok this was not at all what I expected after reading the blurb! Once I got started, I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down! I literally read it in almost one entire sitting! It was captivating. I simply had to know what was gonna happen next. We start off by meeting Cass, an 80 year old woman who just found out she has an inoperable brain tumor. Rather than go through the unnecessary chemo she opts for her own way out. Only to awaken in a hospital room thinking she somehow failed her suicide attempt. The biggest shocker comes when she realizes she is now in the body of a 17 year old girl who also "attempted suicide". After coming to the conclusion that if she tells anyone what's happened she's sure to wind up in the loony bin, Cass decides to take over this obviously troubled teen's life and turn it around. What seems like an easy enough plan is soon discovered to be much more of a challenge. The young girl, Casey, has been in enough trouble to last several lifetimes. Cass soon discovers though, that things are not what they seem. Teaming up with her new dad's security specialist, Troy, they work to uncover who is really behind all the trouble being caused.

I really enjoyed this book! The writing was great and I really felt like I was a part of the story. Cass definitely had her hands full trying to turn Casey's life around but once the big secrets starting to get revealed, I was appalled at what the poor girl had to endure and all the guilty adults who should have been looking out for the well being of these kids! On the surface, I assumed this book would be more on the fluffy side but I was so wrong. There was actually a way deeper message that I felt was so well done! This is definitely an author to look out for! :-)